Baby Steps

Baby Foot

Originally uploaded by Editor_Tupp.

Posting will be light for the next while, as we have a new houseguest. I’ll be checking in and reading what you might have to say in comments, and have a few time released posts lined up. In general, however, we can presume that I am absent for a time.

Fergal will keep us all entertained in the meantime with his tales from when he was a WW 1 flying ace.

P.S. Babies are hard work, but worth it.

22 Comments

• Suzy says:

A house guest? LOL, well done to Mrs Ed for a fair degree of the hard work and congrats to you both!

• that girl says:

Congratulations to you both – nice to see you have a real job now 😉 instead of all this larking around with law and the internet…is it a boy or a child?

• Kevin says:

Though I may reserve them somewhat (your other half called me pasty faced), congratulations to the McGarrs!

• celtictigger says:

Huzzah for the Clan McTuppenceworth. Nice foot. I trust you will be fast tracking the youngster’s education so that the first words will be “blog”, “paper round” and other wholesome phrases.

Propose new category for next year’s blog awards… “Youngest blogger”… it’s one category his Highness Emperor Twenty might have competition in 😉

And as for Fergal’s WW I experiences – I’ve heard them and frankly I’m skeptical. Negotiating the Red Baron to a surrender through sheer force of erudition and deft horsehair wig twirling… sounds too much like a Rumpole of the Bailey/Magyver cross over to me. Harrumph.

• fústar says:

Many, many congratulations to you both. Great news entirely.

Remember Simon, this gives you a legitimate excuse to buy (and play with) toys for years to come.

• Fergal Crehan says:

But not manky ones, surely!

• Damien B says:

Many congratulations!

• red mum says:

Heartiest congrats to you both. Well done mum. I love the foot pic.

Relish the newborn phase, cos it ends so quickly. Sleepness nights aside, it is a magical time.

• Jess says:

Many congratulations to you. Love the wrinkly foot.

• Sinéad says:

Big congrats Simon and Mrs. Tuppenceworth. Wrinkly baby feet are the cutest.

Boy/Girl? Any names?

• Dan Sullivan says:

Congratulations! Lots of hard work ahead and curious sleep patterns.

• Elana says:

Many many congrats! We must get the baby bloggers together sometime soon :-). Maybe a blogging playdate. More pics sometime? 😀

• Simon McGarr says:

Hello all,
    Thanks for all your kind words. They’re very welcome. I don’t think it would be fair if I went around talking about children’s rights to privacy and then abandoned the idea with my own.

So our little boy will remain anonymous and unphotographed until he is old enough to check the little box that lets us share details with other carefully vetted commercial partners. Or he starts his own Bebo page, whichever happens first.

Pics by email to those who’d like them will be happily dispatched.

• Conn says:

Wonderful news! Congratulations to you both!

• […] Update (15 March 2007): Both Cian Ginty on Blurred Keys, and Fergus Cassidy, write about a short piece in the Sunday Business Post, and Hugh Green follows up on Most Sincerely Folks. And Media Forum managed to navigate the BCI site to find the BCI’s press release on the matter, and to link to Fergus Finaly’s comments last year on the political advertising ban generally (a slightly extended version of the same speech is available here (thanks to Simon for the hat tip offblog, and congrats)). […]

• pb. says:

Late, but none the less felt – many congratulations!

• […] has honoured me by asking me to check into VoteTube.org now and then while he tends to one of the future leaders of our country. Hopefully I’ll start posting stuff over there soon. I think it odd that this election might […]

• Philip says:

That’s great news, Simon. Many congratulations to you both.

• Damian says:

Hey Simon, congratulations, I had ment to do this last week, sorry i’m so late its great news!

• muzicfire says: